Re: keyboard config needed

Hi David

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 14:14, David Oakes wrote:

> Andreas Wüst wrote:
> > Hi David
> >
> > On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 17:45, David Oakes wrote:
>
> There is an F12, so F13, etc, might be a good place to start. Thanks.

You can also map it to other keys which you don't need.

> > Since I am not using KDE, I can't tell about that, but I guess that
> > there is a tool to bind keyboard shortcuts to commands. Well, there you
> > go, bind F11 or F13 etc. to mozilla et al.
>
> Yes, I think that I've seen a tool to bind keyboard shortcuts.

Ok, fine!

> > I don't know about the monitor power saver settings, what does this mean
> > at all? Do you only want to switch your monitor to standby or do you
> > want to send the machine itself to sleep?
>
> Yes, I only want the monitor to go to standby, the machine is running
> the Distributed.net client, so I don't want it to go to sleep.

Ahh, ok. To be honest, no idea. You could somehow call xset with the s
option, and specify a very short time frame (i.e. one second) in which
the screen should be blanked or turned off (I guess you can switch
behaviour in XF86Config-4). But this is a not really nice hack. There
should be better ways!

> >>System: Amigaone G4-XE@800 MHz
> >
> > O cool, are there now G4 AmigaOnes outthere? True AmigaOne's, labelled
> > by Amiga Inc.?? :)
>
> Well, not really labelled by Amiga, but the motherboard has a sticker
> from Eyetech and they are licensed by Amiga. MAI Logic produces the
> boards for Eyetech. Hyperion Entertainment is doing AmigaOS4 for PPC,
> they should be done sometime this year. ;)

At least there's some hardware! Well, let's not talk about release
schedules.. ;)

--
Best wishes,
Andi