Re: xfs install on powermac?

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 20:57:03 -0700, Evan Martin composed:
> I saw somewhere (was it this list?) that ext3 is what has been causing
> my laptop's hard drive to spin up every few seconds after it has spun down.
>
> I'd like to reinstall with a better file system, but I read that Reiser
> doesn't work with noflushd and XFS does.
>
> After much googling, it seems someone has built the necessary
> boot-floppies already:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2002/debian-powerpc-200208/msg00227.html
> but that site gives me 404s.
>
> Can I find XFS-enabled boot floppies elsewhere?
> (Is using XFS instead of Reiser/ext3 a good idea?  I'm a little scared
> by bug reports as recent as August:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2002/debian-powerpc-200208/msg00241.html
> ...)

check http://www.penguinppc.org/~eb/files . there should be something
there to help you. and for the oldworld pmacs, i'm writing a mini howto,
since on that platform it's a little more complicated.

as to bugs, i haven't had any probs, tho i'm using v1.1 of xfs. no, 1.1
isnt only for IA64 / x86 :).

simon