Re: OranegMicro USB/FW PCI card on beige G3

> One check: does your card use USB 2.0? according to the web page the first
> support for 2.0 is in kernel 2.5.2.

No, it's an old (2 years) USB card.
Orange Micro won't provide support. I've contacted them.
However they confirmed that my card is based on OHCI.

I did another try:
I've found BootX 1.2.3 on the Yellow Dog distribution.
Using the Mandrake2.4 or Debian2.4 kernels with this version of BootX
(instead of 1.2.2) allows me to use my USB keyboard.
*However*, it works only for a short period of time (or short number of key
stroke, I can't tell): after what, nothing happens; when I hit a key, the
system does not respond. I cannot tell if the system froze or if it just
stopped supporting my keyboard.

What could that be?

TIA
Cheers, Fred