Re: Netscape 6

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 06:38:32PM -0700, Logan Hall wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Ethan Benson wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 02:04:28PM -0700, Logan Hall wrote:
> > > When Netscape 6 is available will it be in pototao or just woody?  If its
> >
> > netscape 6 is not out yet, and even if it were it would not go into
> > potato, potato is frozen and that means no new versions.
>
> The beta comes out tomarrow. go to:  www.netscape.com/browsers/6
>

> > > going to be in woody and not potato how would i go abou tgetting it on my
> > > potato system?
> >
> > since woody for powerpc dies not yet exist (unless that changed very
> > recently) you don't.  not until there is a package to get.  once tehre

Yes, i guess it exists, containing the same as potato + all packages that have
been removed from potato during the freeze, plus some new ones, i guess (i
personally uploaded at least one, though only for i386, don't know if there is
already a build daemon for woody, but i guess not)

> > is you could either edit your sources.list or just wget teh .deb and
> > run dpkg -i on it assuming the dependencies are ok it would work.
> >
> > i however would not count on getting it any time soon, i don't think
> > that even netscape 4.7 is in potato powerpc yet...
> >

> I think 4.7 is.  alteast the basefiles for it are.

for i386 or for ppc ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER