Re: Review of the data

On Fri, 2022-08-26 at 13:49 +0000, c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote:

> are there periodical reports (scientific papers, blog posts, debian
> news, ...) that explore, review and discuss this data?

This doesn't happen regularly, but researchers sometimes use popcon
data in their studies. The latest example I can remember detected
software that is popular amongst users but at risk of problems.

https://blog.communitydata.science/detecting-at-risk-software-infrastructure/

Perusing the links on the Debian wiki research pages might help you
find more such research. DebConf, Planet Debian, the Debian blog, or
other publicity team resources may occasionally mention such studies.

https://wiki.debian.org/research
https://wiki.debian.org/research/publications
https://debconf22.debconf.org/schedule/
https://planet.debian.org/