Re: where to maintain DEP8^W autopkgtest spec now

Here's my review of the proposed policy patch:

* Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org>, 2014-10-05, 23:52:
Tests may not modify the source tree (and may not have write access to it).

"may not" may be ambiguous; and in fact the second instance _is_ ambiguous. How about:

Tests must not modify the source tree (and might not have write access to it).

?

When using the `--output-dir` option, they will be copied into `outputdir/artifacts/`.

I don't think command-line interface of adt-run belongs in policy. Maybe this sentence should be moved to a footnote.

- **Test-Command:** *shell command*

If your test only contains a shell command or two, or you want to re-use an existing upstream test executable and just need to wrap it with some command like `dbus-launch` or `env`, you can use this field to specify the shell command directly. It will be run under `bash -e`.

Huh, why bash?

- **Classes:** *class-1, class-2, ...*
[...]
This is purely an informational field for autopkgtest itself and will be ignored.

What does "autopkgtest" mean here? The "autopkgtest" package, or something else?

Any unknown fields will cause the whole stanza to be skipped.

This has always baffled me. I don't know any other Debian control file with this behavior. If there's method in this madness, then it would be good to explain what the method is. :-)

It would be probably good to decide if it's "virtualisation" or "virtualization".

You added evil tabs to debian/control. Please use spaces instead. :-)

--
Jakub Wilk