Re: Policy about messages for init scripts

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, Mario Iseli wrote:
> Someone makes asterisks around the messages, the other one makes
> rhombuses. So this is my problem, when someone would have 10 of
> those packages installed he would get ugly messages :-)

What people should be doing instead is using lsb-base and
lsb-init-functions' log_failure_message and other functions from there
instead of writing their own custom methods of dealing with it.

Suggest changing init scripts to use lsb-init-functions if you run
across those that do not.

Don Armstrong

--
"It's not Hollywood. War is real, war is primarily not about defeat or
victory, it is about death. I've seen thousands and thousands of dead