Handling of /etc/printcap

Hello fellow developpers,

I today just found out, that my magicfilter violates the newest policy
by rewritting /etc/printcap, which is lpr|lprng's confile.
What would be the correct solution for this problem? Shall I require that
the lpr|lprng maintainer writes a modify-printcap command, so that I could
do a 'modify-printcap --replace if=/usr/sbin/...-filter printer'

David
--
David Frey (51F35923114FC864 7D05FF173C61EFDE)
  -- Henry Spencer