Re: Introduction And Request for Help

Hi Gregor and Mikko,

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but can I please request a new package too?

App::Session::Token / https://metacpan.org/dist/App-Session-Token/view/bin/session-token

This is a command-line interface for my Session::Token library (already packaged as libsession-token-perl).

For my everyday work-flow, it's the only package I still need to install from CPAN. I also think it would be useful for other people. If I had to suggest a package name I'd say just "session-token" (name of the bin) but anything would be fine.

Actually I tried to figure out how to do the packaging myself a while ago, but something wasn't working for me (a form URL was timing out IIRC) so I gave up.

In case it helps, I made a wish-list description:

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

* Package name    : session-token
  Version         : 0.102
  Upstream Author : Doug Hoyte <doug@hcsw.org>
* URL             : https://metacpan.org/dist/App-Session-Token
* License         : Artistic or GPL-1+
  Programming Lang: Perl
  Description     : Generate session tokens, passwords, random data, and more

The session-token script is a command-line interface to the Session::Token library, packaged as libsession-token-perl. It is a flexible utility for generating random data, allowing users to specify alternate alphabets, and specify random token sizes by minimum entropy or directly by size. Multiple tokens can be output as a stream, useful in pipelines. An arbitrary seed can be provided in case deterministic output
is needed, for example in test suites.

Thank you!!

Doug