Re: A question about Lintian Perl tags

Hi Felix,

On 2021-12-08 00:26, Felix Lechner wrote:
> Do those two tag descriptions read the same? [1][2]
>
> Lintian's code distinguishes between both [3] but their names and
> descriptions seem extremely similar to me. What am I missing, please?
> Thanks!

Both of these tags report the same problem, only
libapp-perl-package-name is Perl-specific, while
library-package-name-for-application is generic (from what I read).
Maybe libapp-perl-package-name could be merged into
library-package-name-for-application since Perl-specific tag has only a
sentence on Perl library names. Nevertheless retaining the sentence on
Perl's App:: hierarchy is a good idea. I have stumbled into
libapp-perl-package-name recently, and having App:: hierarchy described
helped me a lot.

> [1] https://lintian.debian.org/tags/libapp-perl-package-name
> [2] https://lintian.debian.org/tags/library-package-name-for-application
> [3] https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/blob/master/lib/Lintian/Check/ApplicationNotLibrary.pm#L82-86