Cross-building perl package

Hello.

I have a software written in perl and I want to set up a custom debian repository with this software for squeeze, wheezy and
jessie users (binary packages)

Seems my setup already working and everything ok, but I see one problem here.

Perl built for Debian has man3 externsion "3pm" in config, and this config affect perl build
systems like Module::Build or Extutils::MakeMaker

If I build debian binary package (to be copied to repository) on my machine, it can
get wrong extension ("3") for man pages, if built under non-debian perl (for example perlbrew perl)

So, I am wondering is there other caveats (except man) with perl crossbuilding?
Can I build for debian 8 being under debian 6?
Can I build for debian6/7/8 under random Ubuntu version?
Can I build under other linuxes?

How to be sure that crossbuild is ok, in general case?

I found those manuals,

https://wiki.debian.org/BuildingCrossCompilers
https://wiki.debian.org/CrossBuildPackagingGuidelines

but seems it's all about architectures and C compilers, and my perl build is architecture=all.