Re: sensible-lomua patch patch ping

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 01:11:13PM -0400, Dave Steele wrote:
> Forgive me if you already knew about this. I was confused when this
> bug submission did not turn up on the debian-openoffice list, and
> wanted to make sure you had a chance to be notified about it.

Then you should have sent it to the maintainer explicitely.
/me is not the maintainer, debian-openoffice is. :-)
(Though I am de-facto the sole one maintaining it.)

Fullquoting for -openoffice's sake.

(and yes, the BTS seems to have problems reaching -openoffice. You're
not the only one)

> The Debian LibreOffice sensible-lomua patch defines the default mail
> handler, by going through a predefined list of MUA's in a set order,
> and setting the mailer to the first one found on the system. In
> practice, this means that "Send Document by Email" invokes Evolution,
> regardless of which mailer may be configured by the user.

If you have evolution installed and didn't manually set the option yourself
in the options, yes.

> Starting in 3.6, senddoc.sh handles mailers that it does not
> understand by executing xdg-open (or another of its ilk) with a mailto
> URL. This allows the desktop to manage which mailer is to be used.

Ah.

But what happens if xdg-utils isn't installed?

> The attached patch amends sensible-lomua.diff to make 'sensible-lomua'
> an undefined case in senddoc.sh, in effect making xdg-open the default
> MUA interface.

The attached patch is nonsense, sorry.
Why not fix sensible-lomua.diff instead instead of adding a new patch which in fact
removes sensible-lomua.diff?

But I see the point of this patch..

But we probably should check for xdg-open, use it if there and if not, do what
we have already?

Regards,

Rene