Re: [Fwd: Slow startup of OO 2.0.1 Sarge backport]

Alvaro Ramon wrote:
> I have just posted this on the debian-openoffice list. Have you
> experienced some similar problem?
[...]
> The problem I experience is that it takes about 100 secs for any of the
> apps of the suite to start in my PIII1200 1G computer. Most of the time,
> kaffe-bin process is taking most of the CPU, before splash screen
> appears on the screen.
[...]

WTF are you forwarding that to me extra? I do read debian-openoffice.

Anyway, yes, this is known. OOo does not work with kaffe and does
interesting things like that when you try (maybe because your
/usr/bin/java points to kaffe). On sid, you would just install
java-gcj-compat, which is the only free JDK supported (uses gij).

On sarge, either install Suns/Blackdowns/IBMs Java or disable the
Java-needing features.

Regards,

Rene