Re: pt-br packages and mirror

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 01:16:41PM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> [please CC-me, I'm not subscribed]
OK, setting mail-followup-to

> I thought you could help us by integrating the translation on the
> debian source package and creating the binary package for now. I
> could help with this, though I don't know the OO.org source. Is it
> doable?

No problem, do the following:

* apt-get source openoffice.org

* create a patch against the 1.0.1 source.  The top directory needs to be
  the oo_1.0.1_src or your cvs root directory (it doesn't matter what that
  directory is called but we use patch -p1 to apply)  Use diff -Nurd to
  create, or add the -a flag if there are changes to binary files, too.  If
  you created a binary patch, uuencode it afterwards and add '.uu' to the
  extension.

* Drop the patch file in openoffice-1.0.1/debian/patches.

* Add the language to the list in debian/local/openoffice-xlate-lang

* Remake debian/control like this:
  rm debian/control
  debian/rules control

  That will generate a new control file including your language.

* Run the package build, using a command such as debuild.

* That should be it.  If all went well, there is a -pt language pack
  generated.

* Send us the patch and we'll add it to the package.

> Also, we have a good server here at http://oobr.querencialivre.rs.gov.br
> and we could make it a mirror for the deb packages. Are you interested?
> It would be good for brazilian people, I guess, we have good bandwidth
> at this server and we'll have the openoffice.org.br domain very soon, too.

Ok, that would be great.  I'll mail the mirroring details seperately.

> []s!

Obrigado!

Chris