Re: Updating package URLs

Le mercredi 14 juin 2023 à 12:47 +0200, Rafael Laboissière a écrit :
> * Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2023-06-14 09:06]:
>
> > Thanks for your work on keeping the Homepage field up-to-date following
> > the move to Octave Packages.
> >
> > If you have the time, please also update the Source field in
> > debian/copyright, which is usually the same as the Homepage URL.
>
> What would be better: the Source field in d/copyright reflecting the
> Homepage field in d/control or the Repository (or Repository-Browse)
> field in d/u/metadata?

According to machine-readable copyright specification¹ and to Debian
policy², this field must contain the location where “upstream source
came from”

Since we use tarballs and that those are usually downloadable from the
Homepage, I tend to think that the Homepage is a better choice, and it
is the choice we’ve made so far. But arguably the git repository could
also be an option.

¹
https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/#source-field
² https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs#s-copyrightfile