Re: Perl4caml packaged

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 10:49:02AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 08:40:47AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Are you proposing a batched auto-upgrade of ocaml version for libraries
> > setup ? This would need a bit of doing, but would indeed be a really
> > nice thing to have.
>
> I used to have a script that do a good part of work for the transition
> 3.06 -> 3.07. It was almost stupid but it worked pretty well, IIRC I
> posted it here.
>
> Regarding Sylvain proposal: yes, it's a good idea to have a tool that
> perform batch modification. Anyway it's better for this tool to work on
> a per-package basis assuming for example to be in an unpackaged debian
> source package. I don't wont such a tool to rely on the structure of svn
> repository.

What about having such a tool which assumes you are in the debian
directory ? And then use it together to to the modif, and then use
opkg-buildpackage to build the stuff ?

> Developing such a tool will be great (and I usually enjoy myself writing
> such tools) and can be used both on svn and on the packages I maintain
> on my laptop.

Maybe with an option to choose between the cases ? One for building with
debian dir + orig tarball, the other for building inside a modified
tree.

Also, a svn ci option would complete it for us. -ci <foo> where <foo>
would b svn by default, but could also be tla or cvs ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther