Re: Bits from the DAMs

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> wrote:

> First a small intro for all the people not knowing me:
> I'm a Debian Developer since 16 April 2002, doing work for the New
> Maintainers Process[2] since 22 June 2002. Since then I helped a lot
> of people through the NM process, helped some to stay out, maintained some
> packages and tried to be a bit visible on IRC.
> At the end of 2004 I was appointed as a second DAM[3].
>
> That much for the background. I'm now actively working on reducing the
> backlog of the DAM-queue and already got around half[4] of it
> processed. Looking at the time I needed for it, we can estimate that the
> queue-size will be less than 10 somewhere at the beginning of March. (Not a
> guarantee or promise, just a thing we try to do).

As someone whose account you just approved this past weekend, I'm
thrilled to see the steady progress you've made in reducing the
DAM-approval backlog.  I think it's really important for these systems
to work, and thanks to your efforts and those of others like Martin
and the new front desk people, it's nice to see it working again.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>