Re: thanks for all the fish

Hi Jonas,

I am replying to both you and the list in case you have already
unsubscribed to the list.

That is a real shame!

On 24/08/2020 12:47, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> I clearly missed the memo that the Debian multimedia team had become the
> salsa multimedia team, embracing the salsa bugtracker and concerned
> about loss of salsa-specific chatter.

I wasn't aware of any team policy with respect to Merge Requests, and
Salsa Issues. And I just checked our packaging wiki page to be sure. I
have to admit that I had not until recently had any objection to also
using MRs and Issues in parallel with the BTS and patches.

I normally look in both places before an upload. Having said that, I did
upload a package recently only to discover an MR with the exact same QA
commits already doing what I had just done manually! In theory I suppose
it is also possible to forget to check the BTS (thinking I checked there
one week ago, and there won't be anything new).

I think people should be a bit more tolerant when we are all volunteers.

> Don't worry - I am still in Debian and continue to collaborate there,
> with any and all of you interested in that.  If you think some of the
> packages I left behind is better maintained with my involvement than
> without it, then do tell and let's look at it together, collaboratively.

I am sure you will be welcomed back if you get the itch to help out
again in the future.

--
Regards,

Ross Gammon
FBEE 0190 904F 1EA0 BA6A  300E 53FE 7BBD A689 10FC