Re: Demo music in Debian?

Quoting Fabian Greffrath <fabian@greffrath.com>:
So, no, I don't think that we need to install actual demo *music* in
Debian (and I would consider it as bloat to have megabytes of music
worth several minutes on my hard drive as a consequence of installing an
operating system without having asked for it)

To me this is similar to artwork and themes. It can be really
annoying for its size, but some want to have it anyway :~)

but agree that it could be
made easier to find and test the sound samples that are already there.

Yes, this is necessary. It must be really easy to check, whether
a freshly installed Debian is able to play music, without having
to download or copy some files first. A sample file would be
enough for this purpose, I agree.