Re: Fedora Miscicians Guide

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 08:50:36PM +0100, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/14/html/Musicians_Guide
>
> It seems that most of the Guide also applies for Debian.
>
> What do you think?

I think this is a really cool document and for me it smells like it was
written by a team of not only technicans and package maintainers - a
thing which we will be hopefully able to form as well.

>From a (documentation) technical point of view I would like to know how
they actually have created these pages (I'm seeking far a reasonable
replacement for the badly maintained debiandoc-sgml and have no idea in
how far you can do logical markup, source code snippets etc in
docbook-xml).  If somebody would contact these people to ask for the
source and the license of these docs I'd be interested.

IMHO it would be a really good idea to provide something similar for
Debian.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--