libresample (of audacity)

Hi

As part of packaging a newer version of Asterisk (the PBX software) I
noticed that two optional modules don't get built: One of them is called
codec_resample and allows better transcodings from narrow-band codecs to
the wide-band g.722.

The more interesting one is app_jack that (as its name suggests) allows
connecting Asterisk to Jack.

Both modules don't get built as they depend on a library called
libresample. This seems to be a library that is mostly just part of the
soruce of Audacity, but has also been spotted as a separate (and
aparantly unmaintained) independent package.

Asterisk modules are loaded dynamically and hece the library must be
built PIC.

Any major issues with using it? I have already prepared a simple package
locally and it seems to generally work.

Any problem with making libresample a separate library package used by
both audacity and asterisk?

Otherwise I'll probably need to package it independently.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com