intel hd audio microphone

hi guys,

was anyone succesful in getting microphone on intel high definition audio card to work? playback works fine, recording not (i cannot use skype, for example). i have alsa/oss compiled into kernel (2.6.17 from unstable, i'm running testing)

$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                      HDA Intel at 0xdc240000 irq 66

alsamixer displays in [Capture] section 3 items - line, mic, and capture. i can set input level only for capture. i think applications want to use mic, that is present, however no controls can be changed :( (i can select it using the 'space' key in the alsamixer, but that's all...)

i saw this isuue asked several times on the web, however no solution :( if you need more information please let me know.

please cc me on replies, i'm not subscribed to this list.

thank you in advance for any hints. best regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"