Re: Adapting Debian to Music Making

Hi,

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 15:30, Eduardo Marcel Macan wrote:
> Is this a good forum to reach the other developers dealing with
> multimedia related software in debian? I see this is a very low
> volume list nowadays.

I guess this a forum everybody reads but nobody writes to. ;)

But maybe I can make a useful proposal here: What do you think about
GSMP (http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/gsmp/)? I studied together with one
of the lead developers of it. It looks like there wasn't any work done
to it for one year now but he promises further development.

GSMP was initially designed to be a Desktop Studio application (using
GTK-- 1.2) for a commercial project but of course released under the
GPL.

So, give it a try and if there seems to be enough interest, I'd be glad
to package it for Debian (I'm already maintaining 11 packages two of
which are realtime audio related, but I'm still waiting for final DAM
approval).

bye,
  Roland