Patch for old software

I've run into a fatal bug (#779520) and have created a patch as I work
to get in touch with the upstream developers (if any); this package
contains code from what seems to be a legacy repository and already some
other patches are included.

I've got a package forked from anonscm.debian.org with quilt patch,
updated changelog, etc. and wonder if this is the way to go and if
someone might offer some advice or look things over and assist in my
getting this out for users' review/testing/enjoyment.