Re: debian/rules stamp-* targets

On 09/03/2012 02:56 PM, Igor Pashev wrote:

03.09.2012 21:53, Arno Töll пишет:

Hi,

On 03.09.2012 18:55, The Wanderer wrote:

I have not been able to find any documentation on these stamp-* targets,
although searching has revealed that they or something like them appear to be (or to have been) used in a number of other packages as well. What
are they used for, and how "necessary" are they?

They are entirely optional, in fact. It's a custom behavior to work around
issues with pseudo-phony targets which aren't declared as such for some
reason [1]. That's just one way (among many) to implement a debian/rules
file.

I can also suggest to use *-stamp: such files will be removed by dh_clean
automatically :-)

From what I can see, the stamp-* files seem to be removed automatically as well.
At least by 'debian/rules clean' from that package, which appears to simply run
'dh clean' as far as I can tell.

--
      The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
  - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger