Re: RFS: retext (updated package)

Hi Dmitry,

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 02:35:04PM +0400, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.1.5-1 of my package "retext".
> It's a bugfix release, but it fixes some important bugs (like "View
> HTML code" action not working)
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/retext/retext_1.1.5-1.dsc
>
> My main sponsor is amaya@debian.org, but he doesn't reply, so I post it here.

amaya is a she but no problem. Review is as follows:

1.) You add python, python-qt4, python-markdown on top of ${python:Depends}
    into the Depends line. This should not be required. Please check to make
    sure the automatic detection works ok for you but try to use it to not
    add too many dependencies that aren't actually required.

    Looking at the build log I see you're lacking the dh_python calls and
    thus seeing:
    dpkg-gencontrol: warning: Depends field of package retext: unknown substitution variable ${python:Depends}
    dpkg-gencontrol: warning: Depends field of package retext-wpgen: unknown substitution variable ${python:Depends}

    Once you'll have this added the Depends should come up as intended
    without spelling it out in debian/control verbatim.

2.) changelog is not supposed to be a docs entry. It's caught automatically
    by dh_installchangelogs.

3.) You may want to use dh_python2 in debian/rules I guess. Moreover as a
    personal preferency of style, I'd make the auto_build override target run a
    loop for each of the sizes. But that's not a requirement and perfectly ok as
    you've put it.

4.) Last but not least, the icons/* is still needed in debian/copyright as
    that directory is still shipped in the orig.tar.gz. It may not be used but
    it's still there and mentioning it therefore must not be dropped.

--
Best regards,
Kilian