Re: RFS: trend

Good work!

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Yuri D'Elia<wavexx@users.sf.net> wrote:

> qemubuilder looked promising for testing all the archs at once, but
> failed to work for me (bug #441043).

Bummer. Apparently qemu 0.11 will be much better in terms of arch
support, so you might consider re-trying that later when it enters
sid/experimental.

> For instance, lintian only reported warnings in the man page which I
> didn't notice before, so I fixed them directly in the original source
> package with a new release instead of bloating the package with
> patch managers.

Excellent.

> There are no security threats that the package can expose directly. This
> is a simple, non-setuid program. There are no configuration files with
> permission issues. No files are ever created directly. No network
> connections are established.

Ok. Did you try fuzzing the inputs to the program?

> I did read already most of documentation links you sent me. After
> reading again the debian policy I've switched the priority or the
> original package from optional to extra. I also switched the versioning
> scheme of the upstream source to mayor.minor (I previously just had a
> date).

Excellent.

> The only unclear task was about uploading the package to
> mentors.debian.org. Why building a binary package is required if only
> the source is used?

To ensure that the package can build, generally people wouldn't bother
otherwise.

> I didn't assign any package tags in debian/control.

Debtags are added once the package enters the archive:

http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/edit.html

Anyone can modify debtags for any package and the modifications are
approved by the debtags moderator before being added to the Packages
files.

One more thing, is there a non-interactive test suite? This would be
useful to ensure that it works on all the platforms where it builds.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise