Re: alpine_0.999999+dfsg-2_i386.changes REJECTED

Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> Dear Mentors:
>
> I'm a Debian Maintainer now (not a DD, just the new separate status) and
> I'm trying to figure out why my upload was rejected.  Here's the message
> I sent to an @ftpmaster.debian.org address, but maybe some of you can help?

$ gpg --list-key 70096AD1
pub   1024D/70096AD1 2005-12-28
uid                  Asheesh Laroia <asheesh@creativecommons.org>
uid                  Asheesh Laroia <ubuntu@asheesh.org>
uid                  Asheesh Laroia <asheesh@asheesh.org>
sub   2048g/3214EBED 2005-12-28

You need to edit your key so that the UID that you use is the primary
UID. GnuPG may simply be using whichever UID was created first.

Use:

$ gpg --edit-key 70096AD1
> uid 3
> primary
> save
$ gpg --send-key 70096AD1

From man gpg
   primary
              Flag the current user id as the primary one, removes  the
              primary user id flag from all other user ids and sets the
              timestamp of  all  affected  self-signatures  one  second
              ahead. Note that setting a photo user ID as primary makes
              it primary over other photo user IDs, and setting a regu‐
              lar  user ID as primary makes it primary over other regu‐
              lar user IDs.

To see the effect, do:
$ gpg --recv-key 28bcb3e3
$ gpg --list-key 28bcb3e3

My debian.org UID is at the top of the list when it was actually created
after all the others because the key is (naturally) older than my DD status.

Listing your key shows the rejected UID at the top of the list.

>>> Rejected: dm:asheesh@creativecommons.org may not upload/NMU source
>>> package alpine
>>
>> Everything in the upload was done with the asheesh@asheesh.org ID of my
>> key 0x70096AD1;

Not really. The primary UID determines that and gpg currently has that
set to the creativecommons UID.

--

Neil Williams