Re: Main, contrib or non-free?

Matt Zimmerman:

> If the program cannot be compiled using free tools, then it is not very
> free.

Well, that's a matter of definition.

I'll have a look at using another cross-assembler. Fortunately, there
seems to be a GPL'ed 6502 cross-assembler, so I'll have a look into
using that one instead.

> and requiring proprietary software for modification restricts that
> freedom.

It doesn't *require* proprietary software. The problem was that I
hadn't found a DFSG free 6502 cross-assembler (obviously didn't look
too far). Now that I found one, the point seems moot.

--
\\//
Peter - I do not read or respond to mail with HTML attachments.