A few quick questions

I'm having a few problems running applications outside of root, and I was
wondering if anyone would be able to assist me in correcting whatever is
on the fritz.

First is X11amp.  It won't play any songs for some reason.  Other MP3
players will play, but just not X11amp, which is my favorite.

Licq is also acting up.  This is what it gives me when I try to start it
up:

Licq will be installed to /home/mason/.licq/ from /usr/local/share/Licq
Hit enter to continue.

[8]+  Stopped (tty input)     licq

It doesn't create a directory called .licq though, either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--- Sean Mason