user problem with my imap package

A user has written to me about a problem with my imap package but I don't
know much about NFS.  Can anyone offer me a clue?

It seems significant to me that he doesn't have problems connecting to
another linux box (albeit RedHat not Debian) but not to Solaris.  I seem
to recall reading somewhere that Linux is missing some NFS daemon solaris
has?  Could that be it?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@braincells.com>