Re: Switching repository branch name from master to main (Was: [Git][med-team/snakemake] Pushed new branch main)

On 07/02/2023 07:00, Andreas Tille wrote:

Am Mon, Feb 06, 2023 at 10:21:46PM +0000 schrieb Rebecca N. Palmer:
I switched it because of the general recommendation to move away from master
because it's potentially offensive.

Thanks for explaining your reason for the change.  I admit I have not
heard about this

I don't know how widely accepted this currently is, either within Debian or more generally.

our metadata should just reflect
this reality.

I agree. (The main reason most of my packages still have nominal Uploaders who haven't touched them in years is that leaving them there was free while hurriedly asking them if they still wanted it would risk accidentally offending them.)

I'm probably not the best person to maintain snakemake

I do intend to continue maintaining snakemake for the time being (including packaging the new upstream release that just happened). This was intended to be a statement that I'm happy to give it up if a more suitable person does volunteer.