Re: [Help] New version of htslib does not build

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> I tried to catch up with htslib since we are lagging behind two releases
> (counted from experimental - its three release in unstable).
> Unfortunately it does not build since the linker does not find some
> symbols ... despite these are inside libhts.a when grepping the strings
> output for it.  Interestingly the missing symbols are mentioned in some
> warnings higher up in the changelog![1]  Any idea what might be wrong
> here?

Looks like a library order issue, with libhtscodec needing symbols from
libhts.  I suspect the reverse is also true, so you'll likely need to
repeat at least one library on the command line; with any luck,

    ... libhts.a -ldeflate -lhtscodecs libhts.a ...

will do the job.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu