Re: python-cyvcf2 test failures (Was: python-pybedtools: fixing the failing tests)

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 04:16:36PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:

> b) assess downstream effects of bedtools' changes to merge and sample
>
> The answer to a) could be what I started with
> https://github.com/daler/pybedtools/pull/250 - let's see where this goes.

+1

> For b) I think we should provide two versions of bedtools - v2.26 and
> 2.27.1.
>
> Opinions anyone?

I disagree with providing two versions for very low popcon packages.  We
will end up in a maintenance hell if we try to put our really low
manpower on two *minor* versions of some software just because upstream
decides to break compatibility and some downstreams do not follow.  I'd
prefer if we could fix downstream (python-bedtools) to support the
latest interface since this is sustainable in the longer term.

Kind regards

     Andreas (just in South East Asia on vacation before entering DebCamp)

--
http://fam-tille.de