Re: htslib: version 1.8 drops symbol cram_nop_decode_reset without bumping soversion

Hi Mattia,

you was involved in the discussion of the Github issue[2].

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 05:38:35PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I've prepared version 1.8 of htslib in Git[1].  I realised that symbol
> cram_nop_decode_reset was droped and reported this upstream[2].  I
> wonder whether we should simply reintroduce the missing function inside
> the Debian package to keep the old soversion.

I think we both agree that the discussion of upstream is technically not
the best.  Do you think it is OK to stick to the current soversion anyway?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de