Re: Qlustar 10 available - Now 100% Open Source

On 23/04/18 06:15, Andreas Tille wrote:
> [...]
> This sounds only fit for debian/non-free.  It is no argument to not work
> on the packaging, thought.  However, doing the packaging without any
> knowledge and systems to test is a bit hard.  I'd like to see some kind
> of packaging model, where we teach upstream the packaging and they do
> the actual work.  This has worked for other complex software where we
> have no internal competence in Debian Med (for instance fis-gtm).
>
> Tony, if you have some contact could you make such a proposal?

Hi, Andreas.

I'm not suggesting that we package parts of Qlustar for Q-Leap!

I just want to remind everyone about the commitment that Roland
Ferrenbacher previously made to support Debian-Med under Qlustar.

We do not need to do anything, but I ruled out using Qlustar myself
because of the restrictive licence. At present, I'm using "oneSIS":

> http://onesis.org/

I know that Steffen was interested in using Debian-Med packages under
Qlustar and others might be too, which is why I posted the message.

Bye,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis@minke-informatics.co.uk