Re: [MoM] Packaging fis-get

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 10:10:45AM -0500, Bhaskar, K.S wrote:

> Unicode / ISO/IEC-10646 - it's the same GT.M binary distribution, but
> the directories are slightly different.  With GT.M, ICU is not needed
> to support European language, as well as many non-European languages,
> but is needed even for simultaneous support of multiple European
> languages (e.g., German and Polish).

Which makes it a no-brainer since we usually have patients
from several countries within one database.

> One choice we have when
> packaging GT.M for Debian is whether to recommend libicu or whether
> to require libicu.  While I would prefer to require libicu, the fact
> is that ICU support adds bulk

I dare say this is a no-brainer as well:

apt-cache show libicu48

	Package: libicu48
	Installed-Size: 21706

Whoever thinks of running VistA better have 21706 Bytes of
storage to spare.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346