Re: [Sra-tools] Dynamic linking of sra-toolkit version 2.1.3 and above.

Le Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 11:54:04AM -0500, SRA Toolkit Development Group a écrit :

> $ make release dynamic
>
> and then things should be as you were expecting. "make release" will
> create symlinks within $OUTDIR to binaries and libraries.
>
> You are going to need to move up much closer to the current release
> now that we are building cSRA objects within NCBI's archive. We
> expect to release 2.1.9 early this week. Older code bases will not
> be able to manage the schemas found within new object types.

Thank you very much. “make release dynamic” worked perfectly.

I have now updated to 2.1.7a, as I noted that 2.1.8 introduced some third-party
files that I did not have time to review fully.  Some of them are related to
zlib and libbzip…  Would it be safe to delete them altogether if I only
make dynamic builds ?  The other are related to the Judy library.  Do you think
I can link safely to Debian's version (1.0.5) ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,