Re: AmpliconNoise ITP

Hi Tim,

On 04/27/2011 04:54 PM, Tim Booth wrote:

I'm cracking on with a package for AmpliconNoise, which I can't see any
activity for though there is a placeholder on tasks/bio.
Great!

My
understanding is that a Debian Developer should OK the package
only for a first upload to the release once you are a Debian Maintainer.

and file
an ITP
everyone can do this, but I happily volunteer to do it for you (might
speed up the AmpliconNoise packaging :) )

so that nobody else starts on their own version.  Is that right?
Also, who edits the package info on the website?  I will commit to SVN
in short order, of course.

Some blurb:

AmpliconNoise is a package of applications to clean up high-throughput
sequence data.  It consists of three main parts:

Pyronoise - does flowgram-based clustering to spot misreads
SeqNoise - removes PCR point mutations
Perseus - removes PCR chimeras without the need for a set of reference
sequences

Previously there was a standalone "Pyronoise" by the same authors and
this package includes an updated version.  There is also a "Denoiser"
which is related but distincy.
This we have as a package in svn. I had not given it a functional test myself,
yet nor had I uploaded it.

Each part comprises several command
line tools.  At this point there is probably no need to split the
package.

License is stated to be LGPL.

I'll do the ITP with this information + the home page. FYI,
it is
reportbug -Bdebian wnpp
then select ITP. I am guessing / transfering the -Bdebian a bit
from my experience with Ubuntu machines@work.

Cheers,

Steffen