bio-das.* (was Re: New upstream release of GBrowse)

Hello,

Charles Plessy a écrit :
Le Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 10:52:57AM +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :
Hello Anthony, I just added your guest account to the debian-med Alioth project.
Welcome again :)

GBroswe 1.70 was released a few days ago, and I supsect that some of the perl
modules you are preparing are some if its new dependancies. Can you file ‘RFP’
bugs for them, to avoid potential duplication of work?

I will be please to file 'RFP' bugs for some packages.
First,
When I join, I thought to package bio-das-lite needed by bio-das-proserver, but when I checked in the BTS for bio-das.* : I found that Steffen Moeller already did some work on bio-das-proserver (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=525847). Also he put a first version for libbio-das-perl. So before to put RFP bugs, I like to known if it's ok for him that I take
	libbio-das-proserver : because I use it and already packaged
and	libbio-das : need by Gbrowse

Unfortunately, for my first package, I need your help:
libbio-das-proserver is a DAS server with adaptors for different data sources. In one of these sources (proxy.pm) the library bio-das-lite is required, but this last one need the paralleluseragent and this one works only with libwww-perl <= 5.76, nut lenny is already in 5.813. The author of parallel-user-agent doesn't recommend to use libwww higher than 5.76. Indeed, when I packaged parallel-user-agent : the tests scripts are not working. (In my server, I make the package without doing the tests, but it's only local and I don't use the proxy source for the bio-das-proserver). So I think I can't package parallel-user-agent, it can't be use on any debian distribution. I didn't ask the author, but the last release was in 2004 and I don't think he will do some adjustment/correction now
and so I can't package libbio-das-lite.

solution 1/ to package libbio-das-proserver for now, is to remove the dependency for libbio-das-lite and so remove the adaptor source proxy.pm, and put a message in the package that this source was removed.

solution 2/ I don't care of errors in test scripts perl and I package anyway.

solution 3/ the best solution will be the author of libbio-das-proserver remove the dependency for libbio-das-lite (same author as libbio-das-proserver) may be by using libbio-das or change the dependency for parallel-user-agent in libbio-das-lite.

So your advices ?

Best regards,
Anthony.