Re: BioSquid - should it be removed from the archive?

Le Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 01:01:07AM +0100, Steffen Moeller a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I just learned from the upstream author of BioScuid that this is obsolete and
> no longer maintained. Should it be removed from the archive? What are the
> alternatives to using it?

Hi Steffen,

our hmmer package recommends biosquid, although I do not know to what extent it
would be a problem if it were not available. How about:

 - Wait for Hmmer 3.0 release,
 - remove biosquid,
 - file an important bug on it in the meantime.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,