Re: Group policy draft

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, David Paleino wrote:

And, also, now the pdf is automagically generated on commit of policy.tex :)

I checked in some additions to policy.tex.
Besides the discussion about storing a PDF in SVN or not I wonder
whether the PDF for the web page is the right format to go.  I do
not like menus that point to different things as normal web pages
and pdf and perhaps to something else.

IMHO we should choose a source format that allows generation of
HTML and PDF.  This might be latex and we could process this through
latex2html or some other format.  Debian SGML comes to mind.  I used
it for CDD documentation and I can not say that I like it but its
usage seems to be consequent at least for Debian documentation.
You can convert to HTML and PDF.

I do not regard this issue as really important because I do care more
about content than form but I at least wanted to raise this issue.
Regarding content:  David, you did a really good job.  I have no
further comments than I just have added to SVN.

Kind regards

           Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de