OpenHIS/gettext

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 07:48:29AM +0200, RKI Andreas wrote:

> Thanks you for your verbose information about OpenHIS.  I personally
> can not give reasonable comments about OpenHIS except that ist sounds
> very reasonable what you wrote.  The only technical comment I would
> like to give:  Make sure that it is not reduced to just the three
> languages you mentioned (spanish/english/portugese)
Technically it doesn't make any sense to not use a
pre-existing translation system and reduce the supported
languages.

> but allows
> translations to *any* language and uses a reasonable translation system.
OTOH, just using a reasonable translation system does not in
the least allow translations to *any* language . But to many
of the widely used ones.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346