[SOLVED] Re: So I have Plymouth running, but how do I change the startup theme?

Am 22.06.20 um 12:52 schrieb Narcis Garcia:
> With plymouth and plymouth-themes packages installed on a non-Live
> system, I use this program to manage splash theme:
>
> # Get current:
> /usr/sbin/plymouth-set-default-theme
>
> # List available:
> /usr/sbin/plymouth-set-default-theme --list
>
> # Select another one:
> /usr/sbin/plymouth-set-default-theme $AnotherTheme

Well ... I'm not sure where I could inject such a call in the build
process, but it turns out it wasn't necessary.

/usr/sbin/plymouth-set-default-theme $AnotherTheme

creates a file

/etc/plymouth/plymouthd.conf

which contains the required changes.

The catch is the *d* in plymouthd.

The instructions I had said the file name would have to be

/etc/plymouth/plymouth.conf

So, due to the missing d, my changes never got parsed.
If I put

[Daemon]
Theme=joy

in the file with the proper name, and everything works.

Next up: Creating a custom theme in

/usr/share/plymouth/themes/<themename>

and checking if I can get that to work too.

Thanks for the pointer!

-Stefan