Re: accessible debian live cd

Am 12.01.2015 um 16:57 schrieb D.J.J. Ring, Jr.:

> I was reading your answer about a LiveCD for Debian that is accessible.
>
> You answered by giving the info about Knoppix, but Knoppix is NOT
> Debian.  It is not Ubuntu either, it's just Knoppix.

Knoppix, like Ubuntu, is *based* on Debian.

> You cannot successfully use Debian files in Knoppix or convert the
> system to a Debian system.

You should be able to use Debian packages on Knoppix.
It uses the same package management system as Debian, and is based on
Debian, as I explained above.
I'm pretty damn sure it has at least the Debian unstable repository in
its sources.list file.

So if you can't get Debian packages to work on Knoppix, I'd suggest
asking on a knoppix-related newsgroup/mailing list/web forum as to what
you are doing wrong.

> Do you know if any of the LiveCds for Debian are accessible?

Nope, sorry.

-Stefan