Re: Concise step-by-step instructions for using Netboot-tar.gz missing

On 06/25/2011 04:56 PM, Patrik Schindler wrote:
as indicated, I haven't found any *helpful* documentation for using the
provided debian-liver netboot-tar.gz.

download it, unpack it, setup nfs to point to the live parent directory of the live/ directory, copy content of the tftproot to your tftproot, done.

So I think there's at least some documentation demand for that. I can
provide the neccessary step-by-step instructions for inclusion in german
and english language. Please let me know if there's interest. Thanks!

sure, would be most welcome. especially, since squeeze, things have gotten much simpler with tftpd-hpa that automatically sets itself up and asks with debconf (amongst other) the tftproot. so setting up netboot has become rather trivial, we should definitely make it more popular.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net