Re: Can't mount CIFS

Juergen Fiedler wrote:
> I noticed that smbfs gets installed in the chroot, but doesn't
> mount.cifs still doesn't end up in the initrd image.

indeed, found the bug..

workaround: symlink
/usr/share/live-helper/examples/hooks/update-initramfs.sh into
config/chroot_local-hooks

proper fix:
http://git.debian.net/?p=debian-live/live-helper.git;a=commitdiff;h=9a117417933050e28ff7f0e7ab38609a4e4eb644;hp=807b0be92dc1407163ce74405f3906ea81d98c5e

explenation:

sometime ago, we removed the manual update-initramfs call in
lh_chroot_hacks in order to optimize build-time. we only did the
update-initramfs there, in 99% of the cases uselessly (so we thought) as
a precaution because a lot of people are customizing the one or other
thing in the initramfs, but forget to regenerate it.

we therefore put notes that people should run update-initramfs manually
if they customize the initramfs (manually means, that live-helper is not
doing it automatically by itself; of course the proper way is to symlink
/usr/share/live-helper/examples/hooks/update-initramfs.sh into
config/chroot_local-hooks).

now, since the initramfs gets prepared in lh_chroot_hacks for netboot,
and no update-initramfs is called, you'll not get mount.cifs (and some
other settings) into the initramfs.

really sorry about that, that should not have got unnoticed for so long.

Regards,
Daniel