From: Alex Owen <r.alex.owen at gmail.com>
Date: 2008/5/30
Subject: Re: live on a serial console...
To: Fr?d?ric BOITEUX <fboiteux at calistel.com>

Last time I looked there was auto-magic in 25configure_init to write
an serial console line into /etc/inittab if "casper-getty" was on the
kernel command line... I think casper-getty has changed its name to
"live-getty"  so you might now need that...

I'm biased as I wrote that code but I think it is a more eligant
solution and more inline with the "debian live" way of doing things.

(I don't understand why the casper getty is not default by now... but
maybe that is just me!)

Alex Owen