Re: The $HISTORY part in reporting/html_reports

On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 08:36:25AM +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Done... I admit I am a bit impressed that a single run produces about
> 2.2Mb worth of data[0].  As far as I can tell Lintian does not have any
> "rotation" code for this, is that (to be) a part of the code we are
> waiting for?

Well, that's because it generates one file for each tag (and there are
~500 of them!). But each file should only have a single, short line at
the moment. Don't expect it to grow 2.2MB on every run, it will take a
while to grow another 2.2MB.

There is admittedly no rotation code for this, but I'm willing to work
on it. I didn't think about rotation yet because I'm still not sure how
much history is worth keeping for the plots (about 1 month for
individual tag plots, and 1 year for global stats?). I'll think about it
as soon as we have some data and see how they change over time.

Thanks for enabling it!