Re: Lintian warnings/errors

* Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> [2006-03-05 03:24]:
> Michael Stilkerich <ms@mike2k.de> writes:
> > * Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> [2006-02-09 11:37]:
>
> >> lintian has code specifically to recognize this situation.  I'm not sure
> >> why it isn't working.  Can I see the rules and control file for this
> >> package somewhere?
>
> > sure, see attachment. I think the problem came up when I started to use
> > dpatch - if you look for dh_clean in the clean target you won't find it,
> > since dh_clean is called from the clean-patched target that clean depends
> > on. This is the solution suggested by the dpatch documentation.
>
> Thanks, sorry about the delay.  I've just committed an improvement, making
> lintian chase rules that clean, build-arch, and binary-arch depend on.  It
> only knows how to chase rules forward, so your example works but something
> like:
The new lintian release fixed the issue with debhelper, thanks.
I still get the warning anyway, because I also call dpatch from one
of the target clean depends on.

Could you please add dpatch to @rule_depends in checks/fields? I see that you
look for some include lines including files from /usr/share/dpatch, but I do
not include dpatch.make but call it directly (which is ok to do as to the
dpatch manpage).

-Mike